Staff Capacity Program
The Staff Capacity Program supports adaptation efforts throughout Ontario by connecting participants with ORCCA staff to receive direct support. The Program provides staff support towards a defined task for a predetermined set of hours over a one-year period. By providing staff capacity, this Program enables participants to complete a climate adaptation project that would otherwise be unrealized due to insufficient capacity or expertise. Download the Program brochure to learn more.
APPLICATION ARE NOW CLOSED
ORCCA Staff Capacity Program Eligibility
Participants must meet the following conditions to be eligible:
- Be incorporated in Ontario
- Represent a municipal or regional government, First Nation, Métis, or Inuit group including government, community and/or organization, conservation authority, public health unit, publicly-funded school board, or post-secondary institution.
Additionally, eligible projects must:
- Be delivered within Ontario
- Prioritize climate change adaptation
- Be completed within a 12-month period (Jan-Dec 2024)
- Demonstrate the ability to meet participant time requirements
- Participate in sharing learnings and outcomes
(Downloads as a Word Document)
Our Other Programs
ORCCA programs are designed using a cohort approach where groups work on similar issues while receiving direct technical support from the ORCCA team.
Climate Communication Program
Effective communication plays a vital role in climate adaptation. ORCCA offers support to Ontario communities in implementing specific communication and outreach activities that promote climate resilience including communicating and engaging behaviour change to reduce vulnerability to climate hazards and developing strategies and products to bring climate initiatives to life.
The Climate Communications Program includes trainings, workshops, one-on-one support, and resources.
Community Outreach & Engagement Program
ORCCA is committed to fostering community engagement and mobilizing citizens to contribute to local climate resilience building. Through our Community Outreach and Engagement Program, we provide support to Ontario communities in developing their own initiative aimed at addressing vulnerabilities and enhancing resilience. Participating municipalities receive training, access to experts, targeted resources, and general support to establish their volunteer programs tailored to their community’s specific needs.